Thursday, March 2, 2017

Week 7 Story Planning: Ashwattaman's Jewel

The war is over and the whole Mahabharata is very similar to The Game of Thrones. It doesn't matter if you love a character or not every person in the story is expendable.

Ashwattaman does a very terrible thing and raids a Pandava camp at night. The earlier fighting scenes talk about how everyone seems to follow the rules of battle. In example, when Arjuna and Karna were fighting, Arjuna's bowstring broke and he pleaded that Karna allow him to re-string it. Also the wheel on Karna's car got stuck in the mud and he pleaded a cease fire too until the elements of the battle are even. Then when Bhima struck Duryodhana below the waist everyone was mad.
(Jewel.
Source: Web)

But here is Ashwattaman, he has lost and has nothing else to lose and decides to enter a camp at night which is surely against the rules of battle. He ends killing all of Draupadi's children and she demands vengeance.  They don't see a need to kill him so instead they take the Jewel from his head that is believed to keep him from hunger, thirst, and poison.

It would be cool to find out where this jewel came from. This could be a story idea. An adventure that follows Ashwattaman in a forest and him having to complete some task/kill some god in order to get this jewel that is magical. The possibilities for this story are endless. All I know is that I want to write some cool story as to where Ashwattaman got this jewel that is so powerful.

Bibliography - Online Mahabharata, Story titled "Ashwattaman's Jewel"
Author: Donald A. Mackenzie

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the entire Mahabharata is similar to Game of Thrones somehow with all the weird tie-ins and drama. I think your idea for next week's story is very interesting and I'm rather interested in how you will carry it out. Will it be in some ways, like Hercules? I think I read that you like to play games and it'd be cool if you could tie that in somehow. Like, each level there's a boss and he has to kill it and he gets prizes. Then the ultimate boss is this magical jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kalen! I really like this story and I appreciate your recognition of the parallels between the Mahabharata and Game of Thrones! I agree with Phoi's comment regarding incorporating games and levels with Ashwattaman's Jewel. This is a really creative idea and I can't wait to come back next week to see what you do with this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are relating the Mahabharata to The Game of Thrones. I am a huge fan of the show and though I am usually devasted when they kill my favorite characters, I really enjoy the thrill of knowing that no one is safe. It keeps me on my toes and makes for many twists and turns within a story. I think you have planned a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story sounds like a really great idea. It is very creative which is always good. Ashwattaman’s story would be a good story idea. Following him would allow you to make up some of the story while also following the original source. In movies and stories, jewels are always such a decadent item. This seems like it would be the same case for your story. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I think that you have a good idea of what you want to write and I am excited to read it. Oh, how I love watching the Game Of Thrones. The way that each character is portrayed is so unique. It can be really gory sometimes, though. What / who is your favorite character?

    ReplyDelete