Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Durango... My Favorite Place and Favorite Family Vacation

About four years ago my family and I were trying to plan a family vacation. Nobody could really agree on anything so instead of having a destination in mind we packed up the car and just started heading west. This trip became known as the "Manifest Destiny" trip because we didn't really know what we were doing or where we were going, all we knew is that we were going West. We ended up driving to Durango Colorado on the first day and liked it so much we stayed there for our whole week long trip. We got to go white water rafting, ride horses, explore caves, go hiking, drive around the Rocky Mountains, and walk around ancient structures at Mesa Verde. 

                           (Mesa Verde)                    (Picture of my siblings and I
                                                                                      I'm on the far left)
The list goes on and on but I'll save you the time and just say there is a lot of fun things to do here that are in a 50 mile radius of the city. If you are a outdoor person and aren't afraid to get dirty then I recommend visiting this city. Especially when the summers barely even get into the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment