Thursday, January 19, 2017

Reading Options: Free is for me

For the Ramayana I am going to read the free option first. Not only is it free but it also comes with an audio feature. So if my eyes get tired I can sit back and relax while being enchanted with a story.  The main reason I'm going to read this one though is the fact that its free and says it has old-fashioned language. I'd like the read the older version of the book because usually the first time I read things I'm slightly confused anyways. This way I can blame the odd language on my inability to comprehend this Indian story. Then whenever I reread the story in a more modern style I hope it will stick with me better. Might sound silly but trust me there is a strategy to it. I wouldn't want to read the one with old-fashioned language second because the style of the author might just be confusing to me a anyways.
A year ago I took Religious Studies and was very intrigued by the Hindu religion. There are hundreds of Gods and there are many stories to go along with all the Gods. Also the colorfulness of the Hindu religion interests me. There are a bunch of images of all these Gods filled with vibrant colors. For my final in that class I did a report about Diwali (The festival of lights), and fell in love with this type of culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment