Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 2 Story Planning: What Are Viradha's Intentions?

Notes for the story titled "Viradha": 
Rama, Lakshmana, and Sita are on their journey when they run into a man-eating rakshasa named Viradha. Viradha takes Sita so Rama and his brother spring into action. Turns out this demon has a curse on it making it immune to weapons. Nothing stops Rama though, him and his brother break both his arms and beat him up good. They throw him in a pit to die and he reveals that Rama has freed him from his curse.

Analysis:
This story kind of stuck out to me mainly because of the excitement that was present. Over my 21 years of life I have played a number of video games and Viradha being immune to weapons sounds like a cool boss fight. Sometimes in video games you have to innovate and work with you whatever is with you in order to survive. That is kind of how this battle seemed to me. Rama couldn't harm this being with his weapons so he had to go old school and just beat him up with the weapons he was born with(his fists).


Without a doubt Rama completely obliterates his opponent leaving him bloodied all over with two broken arms. He even commands Lakshmana to dig a hole to leave Viradha in so he can't harm anyone any longer. This is when things get odd, turns out Rama was destined to run into this enemy and free him from his curse. My story is going to be what Viradha had to do to get his curse. I haven't done much research and there probably already is a story as to how he got this curse, but I am going to make up my own version.


Bibliography- Title:The Ramayana
                        Author: Valmiki

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a super interesting story Kalen. You could do so much with it. I’m excited to see what you come up with. I feel like you have a bit of background on fights from video games, and I think you could even use fighting as the climax of your own story. You could possibly even make it an action-based story. Hope this helps for your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalen, your story idea sounds really cool! I like how you're thinking about incorporating video games with the Ramayana and I think that it would provide an interesting way to tell Viradha's story. I like how you narrated your storytelling post and included details so that the reader understood the context of the story. I'm really excited to read the actual story!

    ReplyDelete