Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

Being a full time student and a part time worker makes it so I'm busy just about every day of the week. Learning some time strategies and reading a few articles about procrastination has opened my eyes to some flaws in time management that I definitely have. The article that most caught my attention was the article titled "How to Beat Procrastination". This article gave a few strategies as to how to beat procrastination that I will be putting in use this semester. One of the best strategies I saw was to not look at the entire task and feel like it's too much effort. Instead you must take each task and have smaller more tangible goals. The example this article used was "I need to learn French". Which is a pretty broad goal and achieving it would require someone or computer software to teach you. So instead of your goal be to learn French your goal should be to email someone with advice on how to learn French.
(Time Management
Source: Web)
The way this strategy will be put into effect this semester for me will be to look at all my projects and just start with a small daily goal. This strategy will help me manage my time better by having smaller goals that are more easy to achieve.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, definitely a weakness for me. I fight procrastination at every turn. In my major, we are constantly in a huge project that is hanging over our head. If you let it, it will drive you to a nervous breakdown. We have learned to break large projects like that into smaller pieces to keep one’s spirits up. One way that might prove helpful, is to make use of the google timer tech tip. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete