Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

Getting Feedback Articles:
5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like a Champ
Overcoming the Fear of Feedback
Receiving feedback from someone else can sometimes do more harm than good. For people receiving feedback they sometimes focus on the negatives instead of all the positives. As a result from reading these two articles I've learned that I need to have a growth mindset when it comes to receiving feedback. If I am able to achieve this then getting feedback will excite me, instead of dreading what is going to be said negative I'll be excited about it. Getting negative feedback allows the person receiving it to know what they need to improve on. I am going to try my best the next few months to try and be excited for feedback so I know what to improve on for the next time. By having this growth mindset I will see exactly what needs to be improved in my study habits as I progress towards my degree.

Giving Feedback Articles:
Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset
7 Key Characteristics Of Better Learning Feedback
Giving feedback can be just as dangerous as receiving feedback. There can be times where you want to be harsh but just do not want to come off as being mean so you decide to go easy on them. By going easy on them the person receiving the feedback now thinks that everything they have accomplished is perfect when in fact it could be weak. As a person giving feedback you need to be positive when giving feedback and promote a growth mindset. Instead of saying, "Your project is amazing!" One could instead say, "I can tell you put a lot of hard work into this." By praising someone for hard work it makes them want to work hard again to receive the same praise. But by saying something is just good then you don't really let them know anything just that you like it. As a person giving feedback it is your job to help shape the person receiving it into a person with a growth mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment