Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Sampati, Part C

Most of the soldiers that Sugriva sent out to look for Sita are finally returning. Sadly the soldiers that are returning are the ones that were send to the north, east and west. Then it is revealed that the people that were sent to the south do in fact have information about Sita. The monkeys and bears that were searching for Sita were talking about Jatayu and the bird person Sampati just happens to hear the name and listens in. Turns out that Sampati is Jatayu's brother and he wants to hear of the news about his brother. It is sad that his brother died trying to save Sita from Ravana but Sampati saw exactly where the evil king Ravana took her. He points them in the directing and goes on his way. 
(Sampati - The bird on the left)
This story stuck out to me because all these people are searching everywhere for Sita but have no clue where to look. It would be easy to turn this story into my own and turn the target into a super rare pokemon. Or make it like a murder mystery and they're searching everywhere for the killer with little leads. Then the people looking for the target just happen to run into someone who knows their exact location.

Bibliography : Online free Ramayana, Story titled "Sampati"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kalen,
    I really liked your story! I love reading how other people interpret and change the stories because I am a math person. (aka creativity is NOT my thing). So the storytelling aspect of this class is difficult for me. It is fun for me to read everyone's different ways of writing and creating. It was smart of you to make the connection with Roger. I bet that made it easier for you to characterize him in your own story. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kalen, I like how you use the stories and bring them into something in which you relate. Not only can you relate to it, but its your passion. In this case its Pokemon, or at least that's where your mind seems to default. Later you go in a totally different direction. I will try to use this strategy when trying to be creative in the future. I think I am a lot like Emma, I seem to be missing the ability to just immediately create. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalen, you did a good job in this story with building suspense. I’d have to say the story was quite violent and you did a good job at showing the changes that was happening in Roger both mentally and physically. This story could quickly pull in an audience and you set the scene great with details and explanations.

    ReplyDelete